Monday, October 11, 2010

Doggie Bag Days Season 2: Day 32

I was on the register within the first hour of the store being open as the person who had been scheduled for it was apparently unable to make it for some reason. When I was ringing up the first purchase, the register wasn't working quite right and wouldn't open. It turned out that when I had turned it on, I had it on the wrong setting by mistake. (Bad Moderate Mouse. That I'm not on the register very often these days or that having it turned off upon closing and turning it back on upon opening is a new policy does not change the fact that any mistake that I make there is counterproductive to my attempt to redeem myself within the context of a place of business until my next paid job. In fact, I think it'd be easier on various people in my life if I could get my you-know-what together and learn to stop making mistakes for the rest of my life.)

There is still a lot of clothing left to hang up, but most of it is pants as well as any summer clothing on reserve until the manager is ready to start the bargain section that she wanted to do. We haven't gotten a lot of donations today. One of the few that we got included some used toothbrushes. The manager decided to trash those. (I might suggest mailing them to the military as they like to clean latrines with them.)  We had one small clothing donation close to the last minute. Whoever is in the back room tomorrow will at least have a starting point.

At one point, I stepped away from hanging/tagging clothes as the manager needed the purse section cleared out temporarily to make room for some lamps and the lamps to be wiped down. (There were some individual ones plus two pairs of identical ones.)

Unless we have yet another donation ambush, maybe we'll be caught up by next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment