Sunday, August 14, 2011

Doggie Bag Days Season 3: Days 46-47

I'm sorry I haven't updated this as soon as I had hoped.
For a while we had all clothes, shoes, and purses at fifty cents. Now, the fifty-cent thing is limited to kids' clothes and adult pants and shorts.

One of the first things I did on Wednesday was bring in some items from outside. The our cashier for the morning was unable to bring everything in himself because of timing, so I brought it in. I'm not sure how much of it got ruined by the rain going on at the time.

I did get some clothes tagged and ready to go. After that, I started sorting through some bags of clothes until the manager had me put that on hold as some of it was wet. So instead, I put out clothing that was priced and started stocking and organizing the kids' book section. However our cashier for early afternoon had to leave, so I was needed on register. One of the things I did in between customers was sort through a box of toys (a few of which couldn't be salvaged.)

On Friday, I ran the register pretty much all day. During one of the slower periods, I emptied out a box of books and stock the shelves. In said box were a few items that were not books so I took them by the register to be priced.

Closer to the end of my shift, we were low on change, so I was sent to the bank to take care of that. After that, ran some white-out on a sheet so that it could be photocopied. If I didn't know better, I'd say that shortly before time for me to leave, our last manager (who had resigned almost a year ago for personal reasons) had stopped by for a short while, and she bought an action for her son.

That is how it has been the last two days I've been in. I think depending on the situation in the coming week, one of my goals will be to rearrange the kids' book section so that it'll be more presentable.

No comments:

Post a Comment