Monday, July 11, 2011

Doggie Bag Days Season 3: Day 33

The first priority of the day was to bring in some donations that were waiting outside the front door, so I, as well as someone else who had come in shortly after I had, did that. After that, the manager and I got a couple of tables with ten cent and twenty-five cent stuff outside. Then, I put outside the tank top rack and our sign which notes whatever sales we have going on at the time. (This time, it's buy one, get one free on the clothes.)
I was in the back room most of the day, sort through boxes and bags that contained clothes. One other person and I put whatever clothing would not be acceptable (because of a stain, hole, etc.) into a recycle bag and set aside whatever was in good shape for the manager to look at whenever she had the chance. We ended up getting some bags of clothing throughout the day. One thing I tried to do is separate summer clothes from fall/winter ones in order to make it easier for the manager to get to the summer clothes since that's our current priority.

 A couple of times in the day, I ended up having to cover for the manager on the register as she needed to step out for whatever reason. (The former may have been that she needed to move her car, but the latter was because of an errand.)

The only clothing I ended up tagging today was whatever mens' shorts I was able to find per the manager's request in an attempt to flesh out the corresponding section. (I was only able to find three or four that weren't stained or otherwise not sellable. We just don't get those as often as we get ladies' or childrens' clothing.)

The manager left for the day shortly before I did (and after our afternoon cashier showed up). On her way out, she said that maybe I should leave early for the day given how hot it was in the back room. I took her suggestion after I finished up going through a box of clothes. I ended up leaving fifteen minutes before I normally would.

In closing, it's been a pretty busy day.On Wednesday, I'll probably have clothes to put out as well as a few to tag.

No comments:

Post a Comment