Thursday, March 8, 2012

Having Surgery Later This Month

Since somtime this summer, I've developed a lump in my lower back. As far I can recall, nothing tragic triggered it. It just occured one day and slowly got bigger. However, for reasons I'm not going to go into here, it wasn't until earlier this week when I was able to have it looked at.
It turned out to be something called a sebaceous cyst. More can be read about that kind of cyst here. It's not overly serious at this point, but it's one of those things where the sooner it can be dealt with, the better.

I was able to secure an appointment for the last Tuesday of this month (barring anything unforseen of course) to have it removed. As far as I know, it'll be a minor outpatient kind of surgery. I've never had any kind of surgery before so I wouldn't know anything about recovery, but I'm guessing after it's done I'll be taking it easy for a day or two and avoiding heavy lifting.

I'll let you all know if the date of the surgery changes and how the recovery process goes when the time comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment