Thursday, March 29, 2012

Recovering from Surgery This Week

This Tuesday, I had what's called a sebaceous cyst removed from above my left kidney (a minor outpatient-type procedure). It ended up having to come out in pieces (which my fiance, the only other person around at the time, said looked like white hamburger), but it didn't really hurt until the doctor got to the core part of it. After it was all out, the doctor stitched me up and prescribed some pain medicine.

Since Tuesday night, I've been taking it easy at my fiance's apartment (where I've been staying part-time). As I was nervous about the stitches coming out from any bending over that I did I had opted to take both yesterday and tomorrow off from the Doggie Bag. I slept in later than normal yesterday and today (like shortly before 11:30 am yesterday and just barely before 11 today), but given the circumstances, I didn't really feel so bad about it.

I didn't really know what to expect as far as my energy levels or anything like that were concerned, but I think it was mostly Tuesday evening and maybe part of Wednesday when I was out of it. But today, I was able to do a few things like make coffee in the morning, catch up on the dishes, make some tea in the afternoon and chat with an old friend on Facebook.

Overall, I think the recovery is going over okay. Hopefully, it will continue to go well the rest of this week.


1 comment: