Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Doggie Bag Days Season 3: Days 73-75

Once again, I'm falling behind on my accounts for this.
We've cut back on our operation hours a bit. Whereas we used to be open until six Monday through Friday and until four on Saturdays, we're open until four on all of those days. As a result, some of my colleagues' schedules have changed.

On Wednesday, I was on the register for an hour or two at most. The rest of the day, I mostly dealt with clothing, whether it was hanging it, putting it out, or putting it in a recycle bag. (That's the sort of thing I normally do if someone else is covering the register.) That day went by pretty fast.

Friday was one of my full days on the register though I think that's supposed to change as of this week. Something that really surprised me that day was that it turned out that we have had so many donations pile up that we have had to take a hiatus from accepting any more. Hopefully we'll be more caught up soon. In the afternoon, when I wasn't busy with customers, I tried to make the store more presentable, but I ran out of time before I was able to do everything that I had tried to do. I also ended up being the one to close that day.

On Monday, I was on register almost all day. Since I'm now authorized to open the store if need be, I went in a little early in order to attempt to straighten things up in case a bunch of customers came in the minute that the store opened. We had gotten off to a slow start in the morning, but business really picked up in the afternoon.

Those have been my days so far. I'm hoping a lot will get accomplished today.

No comments:

Post a Comment