Friday, October 28, 2011

Doggie Bag Days Season 3: Days 77-80

This is probably the furthest behind I have been on these Doggie Bag accounts.
Last Friday was the day when the world was supposedly supposed to end. I was on register until someone else came in and took over on that area. So for the remainder of my shift, I mostly tried to straighten things up.

Clearly, Friday came and went without the world ending, so I was able to work my shift on Monday. I was on register almost all day. I think when I wasn't busy with customers, I put stuff out and/or tried to straighten up displays. That's pretty much all I remember about that day.

On Wednesday, I was on register until someone else came in and took over on that. While that person was on register, my boyfriend had come in to see me. I stepped out with him for a few minutes (with clearance from the manager to do so).  He stuck around during the remainder of my shift (after which he walked home with me, but that's another story). While he was talking to one of the people I was working with (and who was tagging the clothing), I transferred some clothes from the back room to the middle room (since some of the clothing racks needed fleshed out), sorted through a bag or two, and sorted the written tags from the blank tags.

Today, I was on register again until later in the afternoon when someone else came in to cover that. So, for the remainder of my shift, I put out some clothes, steamed the wrinkles out of a few clothes that needed it, put some Barbie dolls that had come in into a bin, sorted through some socks, transferred some clothes from the back room to the middle room and tagged those.

So yeah, the last four days have been busy. We have our costume section still, so given that my next shift will be on Halloween, there might be people who will be buying their costumes (or anything else Halloween-related for that matter) at the last minute. We'll just have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment