Thursday, October 20, 2011

Is the End of the Road Near?

This is something I'd normally put on my blog, Moderate Mouse's Musings, but since this blog is more or less about where I've been on life's journey, and the end of the world, should it occur tomorrow according to a certain prediction would mean the end of said journey, I think I'll post it here.
According to various Christian websites, the end of the world is tomorrow. Yes, these are the same people who had predicted that the Rapture would occur on May 21 of this year (because that worked out SO well).  This particular site has a timer counting down to the end (which would seem quite antithetical to various parts of the Bible that say that nobody knows the day OR the hour in which Christ shall return). According to said timer, I can expect the world to end just before 5AM my time. That's an hour before my alarm normally goes off. Thus, according to that timer I could not expect to get up in the morning to do my usual day at the Doggie Bag and then go see my boyfriend at night as the world will end before any of that happens.

But let's say they have the day right but not the time. In that case, there's still a chance for me to do my hours at the Doggie Bag in the day and go see my boyfriend at night. And if Friday comes and goes without the world ending, I can continue on with life and whatever may lie ahead.

I might be back in tomorrow or Saturday. We'll just have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment