Friday, November 25, 2011

Doggie Bag Days Season 3: Day 92

Today was my second Black Friday on the working end. But since there was generally someone else to cover the register, I took care of some other things throughout the store.

I had come in early in order to take care of a few things, one of which was to check the situation with the change. The manager and a few colleagues came in when I was doing that. I went to the bank, which was only a block away to get some change.

When I returned, I hung up and tagged some clothes that had recently come in. Eventually, the manager priced them, and I put them out. Today, the manager opted to have a buy one get one free sale on clothes, but I don't know if it was only for today or not.

The other things I did today were put out some books and some video tapes, help get a Christmas tree set up, put out some Christmas decorations, sweep the entryway outside (since there were leaves on it), and transferred some clothes from the back room to the middle room and tagged those, setting aside a few that appeared to need steamed. I ran out of time before I got to that part today, but that can be one of the things I do on Monday before time to open.

Yesterday, my fiance had said he'd maybe stop the store for a bit today. He showed up within the last half hour of my shift and was there for the remainder of it.

That's been my day today. I think my goals for Monday will be to steam up clothes that need to be steamed,put out some books (if shelf space allows) and straighten things up throughout the store.  

No comments:

Post a Comment