Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Doggie Bag Days Season 2: Day 48

My day started out with clothes to put on display. We have gotten so overwhelmed with donations lately that the manager requested that I hold off on hanging up any more short-sleeved shirts for now. (The other day, someone else on duty referred to the back as "a hoarder's dream come true".)

Much of my day was spent tagging and hanging up stuff. Unfortunately, despite my best efforts, there was barely a dent made in the back. (The cashier on duty, who later volunteered to give me a ride home in light of the weather, said that despite the substantial amount of clothing she sold, it doesn't look like much got sold.)

We're going to be one of the stores participating in Black Friday. (For those of you from outside the US, it's the name for the Friday after our Thanksgiving, which will be this week, when a lot of shopping is supposed to happen in retail stores and put them "in the black" as opposed to "in the red". This will be my first year working a Black Friday though I will likely be in the back at the time.) Hopefully, we'll sell enough then to create more room for stuff waiting to be put out.

No comments:

Post a Comment