Thursday, November 25, 2010

My Thanksgiving Today

Normally, my mom, stepdad and I would go to my sister's for Thanksgiving. However, my stepdad has to get up extra tomorrow as he works at Home Depot, and they are one of many stores participating in Black Friday tomorrow. (Doggie Bag will be participating as well. I don't know if we'll be doing anything different sale-wise, as we have some discounts going in hopes that it will free up some space on the racks and thus allow us to bring in more stuff in the back to make it less crowded. However, whereas we normally open at ten in the morning, we'll be opening at eight. It'll be my first Black Friday, at least on the working end. I'll let you know how that turns out tomorrow.) So, we spent Thanksgiving at home this year.

For breakfast, I had some breakfast casserole and coffee. Throughout the day, I jumped back and forth between watching TV (including watching movies like Beauty and the Beast, something I hadn't seen in a LONG time), poking around on my novel for National Novel Writing Month, and the Internet (including Facebook).

Our "dinner" happened during afternoon hours. We had turkey, stuffing, regular potatoes (small ones), sweet potatoes with marshmellows on top, green bean casserole, brussel sprouts, and cranberry sauce. None of us were all that hungry for supper in the evening (which would've just been whatever we felt like having). However, we did have some chocolate meringue pie. (I had to consult the Yahoo search engine on the spelling of "meringue".)

As for my evening, I will probably watch whatever I can find on TV, do more Facebook and/or writing, and maybe have a shower. (I might hold off on that last one until the morning given that my stepdad has to go to work far earlier than I do. Besides, since someone else will be running the register and I will likely be in and out of the back room, I probably won't be dealing with customers so much, so it might be forgivable for me to pass on the shower if that's what I end up doing.) Tomorrow, I make extra sure not to get off to a late start as I'm going in for an early day at the Doggie Bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment