Sunday, February 21, 2010

Just Weighed Myself

I don't know why, but I decided to step onto the bathroom scale. In the last day or two I was at 151 lbs. According to the scale just now, I'm at 150.5 lbs. I've weighed as low as 125 in the past. At least that was at a time when I had opprotunities for exercise. In St. Louis, the opportunities were limited as I had a lot of stuff to do that kept me indoors and in a chair, at least Monday through Friday.

I make a lot of my commutes on foot, especially job hunt related ones. (That reminds me, as soon as it's feasible, I'll need to get another pair of dress shoes.) Also, as of late, I've been taking cans, bottles, etc. over to the campus recycling bins. I'm thinking that when the weather is nicer and possibly when I know what kind of schedule I have to work with, I'll go out and pick up litter in public places. I'll recycle what I can and trash the rest. That ought to burn some calories.

I have a membership to the local YMCA, but I haven't been able to go, partly because of other things I need to do but also because of lack of appropriate workout clothes. (I could maybe go swimming if the parts that show are presentable. If there's one thing that I'd change about the swimsuits on the racks, it's that thigh coverage was an option for females.)

No comments:

Post a Comment