Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Out And About Today

This morning, I went out and turned in an application to Super 8 (where my sister had worked at one time). It turns out that they're not currently hiring. A lot of places I have applied to aren't.

I came home and had lunch. I stirred some leftover peas and pearl onions into some soup. (Clam chowder kind, I think it was.) I almost always have leftovers if I'm on my own for lunch or dinner.

After lunch, I took some plastic bottles that I had over to the college recycling bins. I don't drive, and I have yet to be in a position to access a recent bus pass, so I walked over. The school and my house are basically on opposite sides of town. I picked up other bottles and some cans that I found on the ground to put in the recycling bin. (I think when the weather gets warmer, I'm going to start making time to go pick up litter on public territory. I'll recycle what I can and pitch what I can't. I don't think that papers, etc. were meant to be on the ground. Then again, there is a chance that some of the litter is accidental.)

While I was at it, I went to the mall to pick up a couple of applications: one for Claire's and one for Maurices. I've applied to those places before and even checked on said applications but had never heard back. So, I'm trying again. I think I'll fill those out so that I can return them tomorrow, after which time I'll go to the career fair on campus.

No comments:

Post a Comment