Monday, February 8, 2010

What Has Happened So Far

Shortly after I finished college in December 2008, I moved from my mom's house in Pittsburg to my dad's in St. Louis. While in St. Louis, I studied Microsoft Word and had a part in the cooking as well as some assembly projects. Dad and I also joined a church called Compton Heights Christian Church Disciples of Christ where we started some volunteer work for their library. I was also in the process of seeking employment and was up to the stage where I was putting together resumes and cover letters. However, when my dad had to have some surgery undergo rehab, I had to put everything I was doing to St. Louis aside and return to Pittsburg.

During my time in Pittsburg, I have been seeking employment (no interviews as of yet), going to a nearby Baptist Church (the only denomination besides Disciples of Christ that I'm really used to), taken part in a novel writing challenge called National Novel Writing Month, or Nanowrimo for the first time and succeeded (and now just have to find the time to edit the novel for publication), and established a reading project called RAB-PIA for which I wrote my first blog ever. (I've gotten five followers on it but no comments as of yet.)  More  recently, I've begun some volunteer work at a local thrift store called Doggie Bag which is affiliated with the Humane Society in my home region.

 I found out recently that my dad's recovery period is almost up and he will soon be moving into a small apartment for about half a year to a year before seeking out something bigger that will allow me to move in with him should I decide to do so. I don't know yet if I will end up doing so or not. After all, a lot can happen in that kind of timeframe.

In fact, there's a lot of things I don't know about my future. Will I ever find a job? Will I ever find love, whether it's with this guy I met in a corresponding chatroom for Nano Wrimo or anyone else? Will I ever have anything worth publishing? Will I ever drive? Will I ever save the outdoor ground from all the litter? Will I finally get my student loans paid off? It is these things and more that I will encounter as I travel on the road to the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment