Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Second Day Of Volunteering And Some Other Stuff

This has been the second day of my volunteer work at Doggie Bag. This time, I was trained on the register. I have some training to go through still before an actual schedule for me can be confirmed. Also, one of the customers brought in a small poodle. Supposedly, it was a service dog that was featured in the paper today.

Yesterday, I put in an application for Wal-Mart online. I'll probably check on that sometime next week. Tomorrow, I'll probably also see if the daycare center that is diagonal from my house has anything open in addition to checking on a Maurices application.  There's one other place that, last time I checked, was hiring. It's an adult video store (and by "adult" I don't mean sophisticated), not the kind of place I would normally set foot in. For religious reasons, applying to such a place would likely come back to bite me in the butt, but I'm getting more and more to a point where, if it's the only thing that will give me closure on the job search so that I can have a proper income stream, meet some financial obligations, etc., so be it.

Anyway, tomorrow's another day I suppose.

2 comments:

  1. Have you seen this site? http://ilostmyjob.com or you can follow them on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/ilostmyjob. I don't have anything to do with them but they followed me on Twitter so I followed them back and they seem to have quite a lot of good tips for job hunters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of that link. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. I'll have to check that out.

    ReplyDelete