Friday, May 20, 2011

Doggie Bag Days Season 3: Day 13

I was kind of back and forth between tasks today. There were some clothes to tag and others to hang. I also went through bags, separating good clothes from bad. I also set aside some jackets and sweaters that would not work for this season but would maybe be worth putting on reserve for another season depending on the manager's inclination. One of the rounds of donations we had today was four to five bags of clothes, most of which were in pretty good shape. Included in there were two velvet outfits which will probably go on reserve for a while.

Later in the afternoon, the manager's boyfriend had come to collect our empty boxes to take to recycling. (He usually does that on Fridays.) There were a lot of them too. There will probably be even more by next week (provided that the earthquake and other stuff that has been predicted by Family Radio doesn't happen tomorrow).

From my understanding there wasn't a lot of business up front, probably because it had been raining. Rainy and snowy days tend to be our worst. (We did have a pair of rain pants come in today. Had they been put up for sale today, they maybe would've been bought right away.)

That's pretty much been my day. I look forward to what Monday will bring, provided that Judgement Day does NOT come tomorrow. (I've been blogging about that on Moderate Mouse's Musings. And no I will not shut up about it until May 21, which is tomorrow, has come and gone. I even have a poll there asking if visitors believe the May 21 business.)

No comments:

Post a Comment