Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Doggie Bag Days Season 3: Day 5

I was in the back room almost all day. I was usually either going through clothes, putting up hangers, or moving stuff around. I took my lunch later than I normally do as someone was busy taking care of stuff in the "kitchen" area.

I hadn't seen the manager until sometime in the afternoon, and even then it was for a shorter time than normal. I think one or two other people had come to speak with her as well. Tomorrow night is the monthly "work night" where whoever wishes to, staff or not, can come in and help out in the evening, but because the manager will be going in for surgery tomorrow, someone else will have to oversee it.(I probably won't go to the "work night" but I might go in tomorrow for a little bit in light of the manager going into surgery.)

 One of the people that had come in had come to see about some shirts that were supposed to be reserved for her to take over to the Humane Society to be used for making dog toys. Unfortunately, I had mistaken the bag allegedly set aside for her for shirts that simply had yet to be gone through. We were able to retrieve some of the shirts, but I felt terrible about the situation. Said person said she'll check to see if she needs any more shirts. Just in case that should happen, I started another bag of shirts that were not acceptable (due to condition or otherwise) and wrote an emphatic note (which I taped to the bag) to reserve the shirts or else.

That's been my day. I will let you all know if I do decide to go in tomorrow or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment