Friday, May 6, 2011

Doggie Bag Days Season 3: Day 7

Today, I mostly put clothes on hangers for as long as I could find proper hangers for said clothes. (There are some pants, especially kids' pants that are waiting to be hung up on account of the hanger shortage.) A friend of the manager's (who also happens to know my sister) came in to help today. She went through some of the clothes, tagging ones that were good and putting ones that were not-so-good in the recycle bag. Said friend also said that if I just absolutely ran out of stuff to do, I could take the colored tape off of the hangers that had it. (The tape was part of a system established by a previous manager who left this past summer for reasons I'm not fully clear on.)

We did have a couple of donations today but not so much clothing. At one point, the manager's boyfriend came in to pick up the empty boxes. When he was asked how the manager was doing, he said she was doing fine and was ready to go home. (If you will recall, the manager had to have some surgery done today and was out today in order to recover.)

After I had gotten as caught up as I could on the clothes on the backroom counter, I went through some clothes that one of my colleagues had, on a previous day, taken out of a box that had been sitting around for a while. Some of the clothes were better than others. I had wondered what there would be for said colleague (whose schedule does not include Fridays) when she came in on Monday, but the cashier on duty said that there'd be a church donating whatever happens to be left over from their rummage sale over the weekend.

On my way out, I bought some paperbacks. I'm going to register them with bookcrossing as well as list them on my reading blog.

That's been my day today. I'm hoping the manager will be able to tell that I had gotten stuff done in her absence.

No comments:

Post a Comment