Monday, May 9, 2011

Doggie Bag Days Season 3: Day 8

The manager had originally expected to return today, but evidently, she needed more time to recover from her surgery than she thought. So, per her request, I filled in for her on register today. I managed to sell over thirty dollars worth of stuff. In the slower periods, I ran white-out on the used tags and removed tape on the hangers.

We're currently selling our colored hangers. (I sold three bundles today.) One of staff members who normally works in the back said that even when we do sell hangers, they keep coming back as people use them for the clothes they donate. Someone else on the staff said that oh well, we'll just sell them again.

After someone else came in and started their shift on the register, I went to the back to see what I could do there. I went through some clothes and put some dirty dishes in the sink. At one point, someone brought over some pet-related  stuff, including some dog sweaters. They weren't sure if we'd sell them there. I told her that if we didn't sell them there, we might send them to the Humane Society. (After all, some of those dogs might need sweaters in the winter.) The latter is most probable.

That's been my day today. I'm hoping the manager will get better this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment