Friday, August 19, 2011

Doggie Bag Days Season 3: Days 49-50

I know I've been late posting these accounts. Sorry about that.
Anyway, I think on Wednesday, I put out some clothes that had been priced and tagged some that needed it. I had planned on working on straightening up the children's book section when I was finished with the clothes, but according to a memo that our morning cashier got from the manager, getting the shoes from the back room put out was a bigger priority, so I did that. Unfortunately, some of the shoes weren't in very good shape and had to be recycled. Sometime in the afternoon, I washed up a few dishes but straightened up some of the displays the rest of the time I was there.

Today, I tagged and put out some clothes, ran the register off and on, and attempted to get the books straightened up, but I was only able to get so far on that. Oh well, there's always next week, and besides, we do have a bit more help now. (On Wednesday, I think one volunteer and one community service person joined us.) Plus, someone may very well decide to buy a bunch of books over the weekend, and that will be fewer for me to deal with next week (unless of course more come in).

Those were the last two days I've been on duty. I'm hoping we'll get more clothing out and that I will finally get the childrens' book section straightened up.

No comments:

Post a Comment