Sunday, October 31, 2010

My Halloween Weekend

I went out of town Friday afternoon to babysit my nephew. He and I went to something that night called "Trunk or Treat" where there were games, candy, etc. We had some chili on Frito's.  He was Luigi this year. There was at least one other Luigi around and multiple Marios. (I have a picture on my phone of him with one of his friends who was dressed as Mario.) He got his face painted twice: the first time being a red-and-white mushroom over one eye; the second time a yellow mushroom with black stripes over the other eye. (The latter was inspired by the Wii game "Super Mario Galaxy".) He talked me into getting a snowflake painted on me as I was dressed as a waitress on her way to work a shift on a winter night. (I was wearing a waitress-like dress with jeans and a jacket.)

Yesterday, he and I had strudels for breakfast and pepperoni mini-pizzas for lunch. He played some "Super Mario Galaxy" which I watched. Sometime during the afternoon, he and I went to the park. In the evening, we went to some festival at the local rec center. There were games, a spook house, a hay maze, and inflatable playsets. I didn't wear a costume for that, but he wore his Luigi costume once again (but minus the gloves he wore the night before as this time, it'd be easier to do stuff without the gloves).

Now, I'm back home. In the next hour or two, I will probably put on my waitress costume in case any trick-or-treaters show up. If I'm lucky enough, I might stay up past midnight tonight to start on the challenge known as National Novel Writing Month, or Nano Wrimo. (I'll maybe type an intro that I have in mind, but then I'll turn in as I need to have some energy for my work at the Doggie Bag tomorrow. It's a good guess that putting away the Halloween stuff, or whatever's left of it, will be on the "To Do" list.) If I end up going to sleep before midnight, I'll see about getting some writing in when I get up in the morning provided I have time. Failing that, I'll start after I get home from the Doggie Bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment