Saturday, October 16, 2010

Went To A Parade This Morning

This morning was my hometown's annual Homecoming parade, with bands, floats, and a lot more.  I happened to run into a former Doggie Bag colleague (who now works at our local branch of the Salvation Army) while I was there and watched the parade with her. 

The first time I went to one of those parades was when I was in fifth grade. When I was in sixth grade, I didn't get to go because my mom had to work. From when I was in seventh grade until I finished high school, I was in marching band and therefore in the parade. The first two years I was in college, I was in Santa Fe with my mom and stepdad and thus didn't get to go to the parade. I went to the college in my current town for three years and got to see the parade for all three of them. When I was living with my dad last year in St. Louis, I didn't think I'd be able to make it to the parade or any more ever again. However, some health problems he developed caused me to have to return to my mom, and I was back the weekend before the parade.

The college Homecoming game is today as well, but I'm not going to that. When I was a student, I was able to get in for free. When I was in high school, I was in one of the bands playing in the mass band at halftime. As I'm not a student there anymore, I'd have to pay my way in, and I can't afford it. I don't care much for football anyway.

I doubt I'll be going out again today, but that could end up changing on short notice.

No comments:

Post a Comment