Monday, February 7, 2011

Doggie Bag Days Season 2: Day 79

This morning, after I had come in and taken my coat off, I went into the back room to see what I could start on back there. I noticed that some hangers were on the floor, and since the manager has a "no hangers on the floor" policy, I started picking them up until the manager walked in and told me that she wanted me on register (at least until the cashier that is usually on duty in the afternoon came in).

Today, the manager decided to go through the clothes on the main rack and decided to have some items either marked down for the bargain room or put into a bag to be recycled. For the clothing that fit the former category, I marked a red line through whatever price was on there (which is the standard procedure) and placed it accordingly. For the latter, I cut the tags off and set the rejected items aside until I was able to get a bag to put them in.

After I did all that, I had some lunch (and I tend to just take long enough to eat and eat lightly).  After that, I applied the white-out to the tags that had been taken off of rejected clothing. When I got done with that, I think I was in and out of the back room for the remainder of the day. There were some areas that needed cleared out, so I helped with that. This included moving some items around as well as hanging up clothes that were in the pile in question.

I was almost a half hour late getting off as I wanted to finish up clearing up an area that needed it. I went through some bags and put some clothes on the counter so that the next person that was in a position to hang them up would have somewhere to start. In one of the bags was some magazines, which I set aside, and a Sudoku book which I bought on my way out.

That's been my day. The plan on Wednesday (God willing) is to get clothing that had been hung up today tagged, priced and put out to whatever extent space up front will allow.  I hope I'll be able to accomplish that.

No comments:

Post a Comment