Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Staying In Today After All

Normally, I'd be over at the Doggie Bag today. However, not only is it not open today due to the weather, but even if it was, I would not have been able to make it over there. For one thing, it'd be difficult, if not impossible for my mom or stepdad to get their respective vehicles out of the driveway. And me walking over there (which I do by default) did not appear doable either.

I decided last night that, since we were all staying in (as both the Doggie Bag and my mom's work were both closed today and my stepdad had the day off anyway), it'd be better for me to skip setting my alarm for today and risk sleeping in. (And I did sleep in somewhat.)

This morning, my stepdad and I had eggs, sausage, and biscuits. (My mom, on the other hand, opted for for one of her weight loss shakes as her "breakfast".) So far, today has been pretty quiet. Right now, my mom and stepdad are in the living room partly watching TV and partly doing stuff on the computer. I've basically been jumping back and forth between the Internet (including being in and out of Facebook's Cafe World) and some Sudoku. Once again, I don't think I have had that much of an urge to turn on the TV. Maybe it's because, as was the case with yesterday, it's a time frame in which I'm so used to not being at home that my TV wouldn't be on anyway. It could also be that I've got enough to occupy my mind as it is.

Oh, and it turns out that the chili feed that was scheduled for Sunday (which was planned to include a fashion show for which my mom and I had signed up to be models) has been postponed to March out of concern that people would be unable to make it through all the snow. At least that leaves me more time to look for a pair of shoes that I'd be willing to wear with the outfits that I planned on modeling.

The rest of the day will probably be pretty quiet. I think I'll go back to my sudoku and Cafe World.

No comments:

Post a Comment