Friday, July 1, 2011

Doggie Bag Days Season 3: Day 30

One of my first orders of business today was to put some things outside such as a rack of tank tops, two boxes of items that were being given away, a container of bundles of hangers (which we're still selling a three for a dollar), and a couple of tables of items sold at either ten cents or twenty-five. I tried arrange the items on the table so that it could be at least somewhat cohesive. (For instance, there was some color coordinating involved, and I put bathroom items within close proximity of each other.)

I was able to resume tagging clothes today. The clothes that did get tagged were eventually priced and put out. After that, I started bundling up some hangers in the back until the manager called me up to the front to straighten things there. (According to her, it had been an exceptionally busy day.) I checked the racks for empty hangers, hung up stuff that was off the hanger, made sure that garments of like colors in their respective sections were within close proximity of each other, and straightened up the shoe sections.

Another thing I did, per the manager's request was put some vases from the top shelf into a box, and the vases from said box would be sold at 25 cents apiece. The next step was to consolidate the vases on two separate shelves onto one, so I did that. Another thing that needed done was to move place mats, napkins, etc. over to the same area as the linens. The manager said that we could even thin those out, so I pulled some napkins and placemats that looked like they had seen better days to be recycled. I also emptied out a box that basically contained baby socks, hats, and other pieces of clothing. The hats and socks I was able to put out straight away.

Within the last ten minutes of my shift, I got a few more clothes tagged. Shortly before I left, someone donated multiple boxes of clothes. I didn't go through them myself because of timing so I'm not sure how much of it will be added to the summer end of our clothing stock (which recently has appeared to calmed down in the back some), and what out of it if anything will be held onto for fall. I'm sure the boxes will be sorted through sometime next week.

I'm not sure if I will be going in on Monday since it'll be Independence Day here in the US. (Nobody confirmed or denied to be that the store would be open then; I wouldn't be surprised if it's not as we were not open on Memorial Day.) If I don't go in then, the next time I will be in will be Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment