Friday, July 29, 2011

Doggie Bag Days Season 3: Day 41

As has been the case with my last few shifts, one of the first things I did was sweep the entry way before putting outside things that needed to go outside. After that, I think I took some empty hangers to the back and straightened things up throughout the store.
As it stands right now, skirts, shorts, and kids' clothes are fifty cents, adult pants (capris and full-length) are a dollar, kids' books are five cents, kid's videos, as well as exercise videos are ten cents, selected adult books (which were put in a basket for outside) are ten cents, and glassware is half off.  We still have more merchandise than space to accommodate it on the sales floor, but since we never turn away donations out of principle, the least we can do is put certain things on sale for a while.

Sometime in the afternoon, the manager sorted through a couple of bags of clothes, and I hung up and tagged whatever of it she approved. Shortly after that, she brought a barbie dollhouse and a radio-controlled car to be cleaned up as much as possible and put up for sale.  There was a part of the dollhouse that neither of us could figure out where it as supposed to go, but her boyfriend, who had come in to pick up the empty boxes (which he normally does on Fridays) figured it out.

Within the last hour or so of my shift, I marked down some baby blankets per the manager's request, and I basically ran the register until our evening cashier was in. After that cashier started her shift, I still had a bit of time left before mine was up, so I moved some winter clothing that had been hanging on a rack in the middle room to the back. (We're keeping more of the winter clothes that come in, but we're reserving them for when it's closer to time to sell them.) I moved some empty hangers there, too, and then I sorted through a couple of bags of clothes. (I think either the amount of clothing coming in has slowed down lately or one of the people who had started volunteering with us recently has been able to help move it further along. But we could potentially get slammed with more clothing over the weekend.)

That's been my day today. Who knows what the next week will bring?

No comments:

Post a Comment