Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Doggie Bag Days Season 3: Day 29

When I had come to start my shift, a box of linens was waiting just outside the front of the store. So, I took those to the back when I got in.
As I normally do, I put whatever clothes had been priced since I had ended my last shift onto their respective display racks. After that, as usual, I transferred some clothes from the back room over to the pricing rack in the middle room. However, just before I was about to tag, I saw a note from the manager that said not to tag anything this time (mainly because there was a problem with the tagging gun) and to instead separate the summer clothes in the back room from the ones meant for the fall and winter. So, that's what I did with help from someone else on the staff. For the time being, we generally have summer clothes closer to the front of the room and fall and winter clothes closer to the back of the room.

After doing that, I looked through the box of linens that had come in this morning, pulling and stained ones to be recycled. Shortly after I did that, I put whatever linens we still currently have in the back room into two plastic boxes in order to help tame a donation pile in front of the back room counter a bit. I found some clothes in said pile (including a slip whose tag said it was from 1933) that had evidently fallen from the counter at some point and put those on the counter to be hung up. One bag that I went through this afternoon had some clothes in it (which I put aside for the manager to look at and decide what she wanted or didn't want to keep to put up for sale), but it mostly consisted of lotions, shampoos, etc. I consolidated those into two small bags that were still in the back room. I also washed a few mugs and plates.

So, yeah, it's been a pretty busy day for me. I'm not sure if I will be resuming tagging on Friday (although I think that clothing coming in has calmed down a little bit anyway), but if not, I'm sure there will be something else awaiting my attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment