Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Doggie Bag Days Season 3: Day 20

Today, I made it my business to get as much clothing from the back room transferred to the pricing rack in the middle room and tagged as I could. This ended up taking longer than I had anticipated as some of the clothing I had transferred to the middle room turned out to have holes, stains, etc. that were not caught in the back and had to be recycled, thereby leaving space for more. One of the most interesting pieces of clothing that I tagged today was a t-shirt that said, "Lead me not into tempation, except in quilt shops."

Before I was able to start this, though, someone came in with some donations, mainly books, clothes, and one of those plaster projects. They had come in the back to drop it off. After they left, I noticed that there was a drawer sitting outside. I didn't know what it went to, but it seemed silly for it to be just sitting outside our back door, so I took it in and cleaned it out. There was very little in there that was salvageable, though.

I had roughly forty-five minutes left on my shift after I had tagged as much passable clothing as space on the pricing rack would allow. So, I straightened up the area I was working in and then went to the back and part put away hangers and part went through and/or hung up clothing.

I'm hoping we'll get more clothing out this week, though we'll probably get more periodically. Lucky for us, though, tomorrow night will be when some people will be coming in to help. I won't be there for that, but I hope it goes well.

No comments:

Post a Comment