Friday, June 17, 2011

Doggie Bag Days Season 3: Day 24

Today, getting a lot of clothes priced and put out was a high priority today. I spent a lot of the day either tagging clothes or putting them out. There some formal dresses that had been on the sales floor for a really long time, but since they had overstayed their welcome there, they had to be recycled. There were also a few garments that were wrinkled needed the steamer run on them, so I took care of that as well.
For a short while, the manager's boyfriend, who comes on Fridays  to pick up whatever empty cardboard boxes we have to be recylced, was around for a little bit. While he was there, the cashier had brought to the back room some books that had to be recycled, so he joked about "all the knowledge" that she was throwing away.

It turns out that said cashier has gotten a job somewhere else (though I don't know whether or not it's through a program she's involved in), and today was her last day with us. Within an hour before time for me to leave, those of us who were on duty (including the manager) had a little goodbye party for her. I'm hoping we'll see her again sometime.

That's been my day today. I'm hoping we'll get more of a dent in the clothes next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment