Monday, June 27, 2011

Doggie Bag Days Season 3: Day 28

This morning, one of my first orders of business was to bring in some bags of donations that had been waiting for us just outside the front door. (Evidently, the donation gnomes showed up over the weekend.)
I had gotten some clothes from the back room transferred to the middle room to be tagged and priced. However, I wasn't able to get to the actual tagging until later in the afternoon as there were more urgent matters to attend to such as trasnferring whatever full-length pants were on one of the front racks in the backroom to one of the racks closer to the back (as we're holding off on putting out any more full-length pants until further notice), and getting belts, shoes, purses, linens, and hats into recycle bags. While I was at it, I got clothing from one rack that was closer to a wall to one of the racks closer to the middle of the room so that it could be easier to access when it was time to transfer it to the middle room. I also washed a few dishes that had presumably come in on a previous day and steamed a few shirts that were wrinkled.

When I finally was able to get to tagging clothing in the middle room (after the manager had pulled a few items that she didn't like enough to put up for sale), I had probably less than an hour left on my shift. So, I ran some white-out on some tags that needed it. (There were up to maybe three or four that did.) After that, I looked for some colorful hangers to bundle up (since we're selling them in bundles of 10 at 3 bundles for $1.00) and then hung up a few things that were on the counter in the back room. (Surprisingly, we didn't get slammed with clothing donations this time, at least not when I was on duty. That could change by Wednesday when I go in.)

That's been my day today. I'm hoping that whatever clothing has been tagged today will be priced and ready for me to put out when I come in on Wednesday that way I can get more clothes tagged and ready to go and we can be all caught up on clothes (or at least put in more of a dent in them before we have another clothing ambush).

No comments:

Post a Comment