Thursday, June 16, 2011

Doggie Bag Days Season 3: Day 23

One of the first things I did today was put out some clothes that had been priced (though I may have put a few in the wrong place by mistake). The rest of the day I mostly tagged whatever clothes I could. I had run out of tags at some point and went somewhere not too far away to buy more, sometime after my shift, I found out from the manager that there were some extra tags in the closet, thus my buying the ones that I did was not really necessary. (Either I had not gotten the memo about the extra tags or I had completely forgotten.) Needless to say, I felt like an idiot last night (and still do) for my dumb move. (I had over an hour left on my shift. If it was like, within the last half hour or so, I wouldn't have messed with it but instead directed my attention on some other task.)
At one point I had used the steamer to de-wrinkle a pair of otherwise nice khaki shorts. After I did that, I had decided to give the steamer to a chance to cool down before putting it up. But did I ever remember to put it up? No. And of course, I'm hoping I'm not in too much trouble in the event it should come up tomorrow. (And I really need to stop doing dumb stuff like that if I wish to be a good example for the rest of the staff.)

At some other point yesterday, one of my colleagues brought it to my attention that some of the racks, especially the one for men's shorts, didn't have much on them. There had been some other day when the manager had me price some men's shorts as the respective rack for that literally left a lot to be desired. So, I took the liberty of pricing whatever ones I (or rather someone else on the staff) was able to find that were in decent shape, priced them, and put them out. I'm hoping that it's 1) okay with the manager that I did that and 2) I wasn't too off the mark in the pricing. If I've messed up in that area, that's another strike against me.

Obviously, yesterday wasn't my smoothest day. I don't know if I'm going to be in trouble tomorrow, but I'm hoping that on Monday at least, I can start over on a clean slate.

No comments:

Post a Comment