Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Day 36 At Doggie Bag And Job Application Stuff

I had decided that I would go in every single day this week in order to increase the chances of the back room getting cleared up. We got almost all the non-clothing donations we could taking care of until the next onslaught of them. (I think it helped that the manager was actualy able to make it in today.) I still have fabric to measure out and prepare for pricing and boxes to break down for recycling.

It turns out the manager and his partner have a new rescue: a rotweiler puppy named Roger. Supposedly, he had belonged to some college kids who had no business getting him. Anyway, the manager's taking care of him until he's able to find him a permanent home.

On an unrelated note, on the way over to Doggie Bag, I dropped off a couple of job applications I had filled out last week and picked up four more: two motel ones, a gas station one, and one to a liquor store. (Don't tell my grandma about the last one.) Since I look far younger than I really am, it was a good thing I had my state I.D. with me. (There's a temp. agency in town called Manpower. If it wasn't for my pending engagement out of town, I'd check them out, but I might upon my return.)  In three out of four of those places, I was told that they weren't hiring per se, but my application would be good.

Such was my day. I'm a bit worn, but there's still stuff for me to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment