Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Day 42 At Doggie Bag

I put in my earliest day yet, going in at 8:30.  There was stuff to put out and not to mention boxes to break down.  Someone else on the staff took them to the recycling center, and later, whoever usually comes to pick up clothing that had to be discarded came by. So, there's some chance of us catching up in the back room, at least until the next donation ambush comes along.

During one of the times when I was on the register, someone paid with a $100 bill for some stuff that together cost far less than that, which left me low on change. To be fair, the person said that she thought she had smaller bills, but she didn't. When I had a moment, I asked one of my colleagues if she could cover for me on the register so that I could go over to a nearby credit union to exchange the $100 bill for smaller bills. However, it turned out she had smaller bills that amounted to $100 so she swaped me those for the $100 bill.

For the second day in a row, I was the one who balanced the register. I've seen other cashiers do it, and it isn't hard.

Well, that was my day. I can't wait to see what tomorrow will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment