Sunday, May 2, 2010

Day 34 At Doggie Bag

Today was probably one of my busiest days with Doggie Bag, both sale-wise and things I needed to do.

I made a lot of money this morning, thanks in part to a group that came by this morning. This particular group was involved with something called a "30 hour famine." As Doggie Bag is affiliated with our regional Humane Society, the money they spent on the shirts and pants that they bought plus whatever they bought from our current $1.00/bag rack would be going towards the Humane Society. Little did I know that I would have a role in their agenda. My name is not in the article that I've linked to but Doggie Bag is. (For what it's worth, I was the only staff member on duty at the time.) The staff member who took over the register after me was so jealous of how much I had made in the morning.

After I had some lunch, I started working on some stuff in the back. There were books and ties to put out on the sales floor,  bedding, curtains, etc., to measure (if needed), fold, tape, price, and put out as well. At various times, donations came in. The back room is crowded again. 

I didn't get as much done as I would've liked to as I ran out of time. However, I'm going to see to it that I really step up this next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment