Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Day 43 At Doggie Bag

I put in an early day again. There wasn't as much stuff to deal with this time, I don't think. One of the bags that was left had, among other things, more books. I bought seven books to help free up space. (I haven't gotten them registered with Bookcrossing or added to my RAB-PIA list yet, though.) In the last couple of days, we've been down to mostly clothes, I believe, and some of the clothing racks are full.

The manager's new puppy was in again. It turns out that its name will be changed from "Roger" to "Chewbacca" as it looks more like the ladder.

When I was calculating the totals for the morning, there was a dime's difference between when I added the "total" column alone and when I added the "amount of sale" column and the "tax" column. I wasn't sure where I had made the mistake. When I was balancing the register, I left a note explaining the situation in the envelope used for collecting the money made today. (The money was in there too.)  Maybe someone else will be able to figure it out.

I don't have much else to say. I think a week from today will be my last day there before I go out of town. (I think I'll be going on the weekend, but I'll need Thursday and Friday to take care of some stuff and pack.) I'm hoping to return to Doggie Bag in August, but by then, my spot may be filled. But there's no telling what will happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment