Thursday, May 13, 2010

Day 44 At Doggie Bag

For the second day this week, I was the only cashier on duty all day.  Today wasn't our best day sale-wise as we only made $78.32.  It must've been the rain that we got today that worked against us.

During one of our slower periods, I went through the clothing racks to see if there was anything damaged or stained or otherwise needed to be discarded (and I did find things in that direction) as some of these details sometimes slip beneath us, and that's not a good thing, especially since in some sections there's not enough room for everything coming in. I have some ideas as to how to go about fixing that, but I haven't been able to talk to the manager about them as either he has not been around or we have both been too busy.  I'll probably write him a note with my suggestions, and it'll be up to him as to whether or not they're used.

There were also times when I rearranged the purse section in an attempt to make it look less cluttered and wiped down some of the children's toys so that they'd look nicer. (When you've got a lot of stuff to work with, you can only control the order of it so much.)

Today may not have been great sale-wise, but at least I got some stuff done.

No comments:

Post a Comment