Sunday, March 7, 2010

Allergies And A Job-Related Newspaper Clipping

There was a point in the middle of the night last night when I couldn't sleep. I think it was because of my sniffling and sneezing. The weather's getting warmer, but the dust and pollen isn't really doing me any favors. I think whenever I go out in public, I'll make sure to have some tissues and (if I'm able to afford it) hand sanitizer.  I don't know about the rest of you, but one thing I've heard about coughing/sneezing is that it should be done the crook of one's elbow. There is one group though, called Tradition in Action, that doesn't buy that advice. In fact they refute it in the article, Why Not a Handkerchief. They also advocate bringing back the practice of carrying around handkerchiefs. (Now, they are a  Catholic-based group, and while, due to my combined American Baptist/Disciples of Christ background, I don't necessarily endorse Catholic teachings, I am open to whatever they have to say. )

On an unrelated note, as I may have mentioned at different times, I'm currently in the process of looking for a job. Apparently, while I was at church (I generally go alone), my mom happened to find a newspaper clipping regarding a workshop for job seekers that takes place on the second and fourth Monday of each month. Barring anything unforseen, I might check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment