Sunday, March 21, 2010

Snowy Sunday, And Can Christians Believe in Karma?

There's still snow in the ground out here. It's so bad out there that I was talked into forgoing church today. 

It's just as well that I didn't go today. I wouldn't have been able to concentrate due to my stinging remorse over a comment I had made on someone else's blog. It wasn't anything dirty nor did it involve cursing, but I nonetheless offended that person even though I didn't mean to. (I'd rather not mention the person's name out of respect for them nor do I wish to go into details as I am too embarassed to do so.) Later in the night, I left a comment apologizing for offending them and saying that if necessary I was willing to shut up and never say another word on their blog again.  I may end up staying away from said blog altogether for a while.  I also wouldn't blame them if they ever show up here and leave a harsh remark.

I've been taking part in this "read the Bible through the year" program and have yet to come across the word Karma, but I wonder if I'd be going against Christian standards by acknowlegding the general concept (i.e. what goes around comes around). If the idea really is true, and I do get a nasty remark from the person I offended, don't get mad at them as I will have deserved it all the way. (To the person I offended: if you are reading this, you know who you are, and I really am sorry for upsetting you yesterday and will understand if you do not wish to hear from me again and/or you wish to chew me out here about anything.)

No comments:

Post a Comment