Friday, March 26, 2010

My Day, The Reading I've Done, And Some Stuff That Came To Mind Lately

I was able to go over to Doggie Bag to see about those white slip-on shoes I had thought about getting for those quick trips outside, but they didn't seem to fit so well so I ended up not getting them. I checked St. Mary's and Salvation Army to see if they had anything that fit what I was looking for. No luck. I've decided that if necessary, I'll settle on an old pair of black flats that I had been too lazy to throw out. They're not doing me any good just sitting on my shoe rack.

I did some reading and released one of my books. I may be releasing more within the coming week depending on how much time I devote to reading.

I've been doing a bit of soul searching lately, mainly in regard to my mouth, both online and offline. As I had mentioned on Sunday, I had offended someone on their blog on Saturday. I did leave an apology, but I haven't been to their blog since Sunday (and I didn't say a word then). I had been to said person's blog several times before and left various comments at various times (nothing especially nasty although there were things I didn't agree with at times; some of the other comments were neutral ones). Anyway, that weekend, it was a wake-up call to me that if I hadn't already, I was in danger of being branded a "troll" or at the very least, giving people cause to think I had nothing better to do than go on other people's blogs and run my mouth (not that anyone said I was, at least not that I know of). Basically, I decided to lay low for a while and "prove" that I did in fact have a life by focusing more on my own stuff including my own blogs.

The other "mouth mishap" I had was yesterday. I had mentioned my mom's late Himalayan (who was put to sleep a couple of years ago in January due to major health problems) in a conversation. My stepdad told me that my constant mentionings of said cat really bothered my mom, and that I needed to back off on that. I probably should have know better than to ever mention him really as his passing was a difficult thing. More importantly, I was raised on Christian standards, which include the Ten Commadments. Does saying or doing anything that offends or bothers either my parents comply with the commandment, "Honor thy father and mother?" Of course not. (I tell you, I have violated that commandment so many times, it's sick.)

In short, I have a history of saying things that I shouldn't have said at the time (or at any time in many cases, and I could give you more examples, but you'd be looking at a novel). In order to decrease the risk of my mouth causing any more problems, I've decided to minimize the use of my mouth (which, unfortunately, isn't always feasible) and, whenever possible, keep my mind and/or hands busy with something (whether it's a household task or a sudoku puzzle or something else) in order to keep from needless chatter.

No comments:

Post a Comment