Saturday, March 6, 2010

Saturday, Carbs, And Earworms

Today was the fifth anniversary of my hometown's branch of Home Depot, where my stepdad works. They had some sort of workshop for the kids as well as indoor mini golf.

Outside the band my stepdad's in (he's the drummer) played, and I was appointed to run the refreshment table. There were cupcakes, cake, and chips (as well as drinks). I don't think that Dr. Atkins (with all due respect to him) would've apporved of all of those carbs. That's okay, though. I'm not currently on any kind of diet, but if I was, I'd probably due things differently than what Dr. Atkins prescribes.

After today, I've contemplated someday starting a business that specializes in all things carb and possibly running shoes. (One time, when my mom and stepdad and I were having leftovers for dinner, I had lasagna, bread and chips. My stepdad joked that I was preparing to run a marathon.) However, one, I don't know how I would go about doing that, and two, it'd probably help if the economy were to let up.

This morning, for some unexplained reason, I had the song "Shop Around" stuck in my head. I've played it multiple times on YouTube when I got home. Another song I had in my head was "Another Day in Paradise" by Phil Collins. (I haven't played the latter song today.) I made a note of my earworms on Bookcrossing. No one has said anything yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment