Thursday, April 8, 2010

Day 22 At Doggie Bag

This morning, what I wore today was probably the most "dressed up" I've ever been for a day at Doggie Bag. I wore a black knee-lengthish skirt that I had gotten at a clothing exchange, the pink blouse that I had worn last week (which ties at the neck), pantyhose, and black strappy sandals. I even took the time to wear full make-up (i.e. foundation, eye shadow, blush, lipstick).

As usual there were things to be put out. The clothing that was on the $1.00/bag rack was up for elimination today. (The new $1.00/bag rack consists of womens long-sleeved tops.) I didn't have a chance to go through it to see if there was anything I wanted out of there as I was busy with a lot of stocking. While I was doing that, someone who was off-duty went through the former $1.00/bag clothes and took a lot of them to a homeless shelter. (I'll have to figure something else out for getting more blazers into my wardrobe.) However, there were other items that weren't on the rack but were up for elimination. I was able to take home a couple of skirts and some tops (which I put in a bag I had brought over).  I think the occasional free clothing has become one of my favorite perks of working at a thrift store.

Speaking of skirts, a couple of my female colleagues and I decided that we would wear skirts this coming Monday. I haven't decided which skirt I'm going to wear yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment