Thursday, April 29, 2010

Day 33 At Doggie Bag

Today wasn't the best day sale-wise. (I wasn't sure how much we made overall, but I think it was less than $100.)

The stuff I've been authorized to price mainly consisted of bedding, curtains (including shower curtains), tablecloths, and valances. Now the list has extended to cloth napkins, placemats, potholders, doilies, and towels. The next day that I'm scheduled to go in is Saturday, so I'll be taking care of all that then. If I have time on my hands after that I'll be going through some toys to make sure they're in sellable shape. If I have time after that, I'll be breaking down some empty boxes to be recycled.

It turns out that winter stuff, if it's in decent condition, is currently being held for when it's time to put it out rather than being automatically discarded. One of my tasks today was to go through a couple of boxes which had winter stuff in it and hang it up on the "reserve" racks in the back room.

In one of the "winter" boxes was not only winter stuff, but some stuff that could pass for summer or year-round and a pair of those ballet flat type slippers with a white bow at the toe. These particular slippers were fuzzy (possibly terrycloth) and had a floral print. They were in my size too. Now, if they were up for elimination, I could've just taken them home with me at no cost to me. However they were not as far as I knew so when I got the chance to, I bought them. (Supposedly, if there's something you're interested in buying you're supposed to wait until a time when you're not on duty. However, some of my colleagues have bought stuff while on duty, but I think it's been when no one's around. It's hard to go by the rules exactly when those with seniority around you bend them a bit. But I guess they get away with it or something. Besides, the slippers are one less thing that will have to sit in storage, and the money I paid for them is going to a good cause.)

It may have not been busy salewise today, but I did have quite a bit to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment