Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Getting Back On Track On Life's Journey

As I've said before, I'll be 25 as of Saturday. I've realized lately that, as I'm about to turn a year older, there are things that I have slipped up on that I need to get back on top of:

  • I still need to get a job. I managed to pick up an application today and hope to turn it in on Friday. As my Mondays and Thursdays consist of volunteer work at Doggie Bag, I really ought to make applications a priority on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Maybe I'll go pick up one or two applications in the morning or at the earliest possible time on these days.
  • I've gone a couple of weeks without writing to my dad. If I go too long without writing/calling him, he takes it personally, and it goes against my morals to by any means hurt the feelings of either of my parents. For me, constant contact of some sort with my parents will always be a moral responsibility for me as a daughter until their death or mine. So, I'll need to make sure I write to Dad either on Saturday or Sunday of every week.
  • The emails in my inboxes are piling up. Amongst the pile are surveys from sites I had signed up with in an attempt to get some money in my pocket. I'll need to make time for those every afternoon and/or evening unless I have any business at that time that keeps me away from my computer and/or the Internet.
  • My rewrites for the novel I wrote in November. I was nowhere near the fifity hours that the editing challenge I took part in last month called for. Again, it's another thing I'll need to make time for every afternoon and/or evening, especially since it is one of those things that my dad will be asking me about, and as far as I know, a lot of my business is my parents' business.
  • My script for this month. There's still time for me to get the 100 pages, but it's another thing I'll have to work into my routine.
  • A novel I started on in January. I did not go near the 50,000 words that I was aiming for. I need to finish it.
  • My RAB-PIA reading. I've gone whole days without reading something from the list. At least I got in a chapter if prologues count as chapters. I may need to place myself under the rule that, if I hadn't gotten in my daily chapter before bedtime, that I do not go to bed until I do.
  • Also, if I'm going to do my freelance writing/proofreading, I need to figure out the details of any part of it that I do locally plus take a certain assessment on ODesk. Then, I need to figure out what jobs in the listings I will bid on. It'll need to be part of what I do after turning in an application. 
Whew! That's a lot right there, isn't it? I really should get busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment