Sunday, April 11, 2010

Day 23 At Doggie Bag, My Big 2-5, And Another Attempt At Selling The House

Yesterday, I dressed up for another shift at Doggie Bag: gray pants, a blue blouse I had "rescued" from elimination, pearls, pantyhose, and bronze strappy sandals. It was another one of those days when I had customers at the door just before it was time to open. I managed to make some sales.  During one of the slower periods, I reorganized some of the clothing racks. On the children's rack, within each size section, I had tops on one side, and pants/skirts on the other. Within the sizes sections of ladies' shirts, I put sleeveless shirts together, sleeved button ups together, then shirts that buttoned only at the neck, and then those of the pullover variety.

When I got home, I traded in the sandals for black satin slippers. I had dinner with my mom, stepdad, and sister. We had pork chops, mashed potatoes, carrot coins, applesauce, and purple Jell-O. For desert we had chocolate cake and ice cream. For my birthday, I got a big black purse, a black, cap-sleeved, floral print top with a lowish neckline, and a black beaded necklace with a bracelet to match.

Later, I went drinking with my sister. I wore blue jeans, my new top with a sparkly tank top underneath, my new necklace and bracelet, and pink strappy sandals. My sister did my hair for me and supposedly found a few gray hairs. (Nice.) A friend of my sister's eventually joined us at the bar. I had four rounds of Bourbon in Dr. Pepper (the "single" version).  Did I get drunk? You bet. But I didn't do anything like flash inappropriate parts of my body. The drunk version of me is far more low key than that. I was giggly at times and wobbly.

Apparently, my sister had a bit much to drink as well because at some point she called my mom and stepdad to tell them that they would need to come get me as she would not be able to safely get me home herself. I don't know how long I was there, but when they did come, even though I was drunk, I did remember to buckle my seat belt. On the way home, my stepdad asked me why, compared to how much I drank at the bar, I take longer with one drink whenever I drink at home (something I don't do very often).

In other news, it turns out that my mom and stepdad are trying again with selling their house. It'll be on the market as of Monday. So, we'll need to be more careful about cleaning it up and whatnot. Something I'll probably do this week is weed the patio in the back and pick up and trash in the yard. It's times like this when I wish I didn't have to worry about my job search but could instead focus my attention elsewhere.  But for multiple reasons, until I have a job the search has to stay in effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment