Friday, July 23, 2010

At My Sister's House Alone...Again

My nephew is at his former sitter's until tomorrow. My sister and her boyfriend are out of town as well. They'll supposedly all be back tomorrow afternoon (which is when they'll bring Layla).

I've cleaned the rabbit/guinea pig cage and the litter box upon request. I've hosed down the bottom part of the cage and am waiting for it to dry in order to put in fresh bedding. Later, I'll need to water the plants and walk Cosmo and Millie.

I'm waiting for some emergency laundry to dry (due to a stain on my overalls which shall go undescribed), as well as the dishes in the dishwasher. Maybe I'll get some more work done on the rewrites as well (even though I feel like being at someone else's house has been somewhat distracting; at least I think that's part of the problem). I don't know what else I will be doing.

This could very well be the last time, at least this summer, I am the only person here overnight.  Unless it turns out otherwise, I will be here for another 2-3 weeks at most. After that, I'll be going home, and it'll be back to normal routine of job search on some days, Doggie Bag on others, church on Sundays, and other things that I had to put aside to babysit my nephew. This may be the last summer I will be available to do this, especially if I take a paid job somewhere and/or I do return to my dad for good. (Right now, my heart's saying "no" to the latter for multiple reasons, but I can't help but wonder what the repercussions will be if I decline to return to my dad when/if it becomes feasible.)

No comments:

Post a Comment