Friday, July 16, 2010

Got Dressed Up Today...Sort Of

Most of the time that I've been at my sister's house, especially when I had nowhere else to go, my look would consist of dressing very casually, down to my blue "at-home" flip-flops (which would be replaced with "going out" shoes if I ended up having somewhere to go). While I am pretty good about doing my duty as an owner of causal shirts and pants to where them as much as possible when at home, running ordinary errands, or attending a gathering where dressing up is out of the question, it has a tendency to get boring, especially if it's all I get a chance to wear.

I was in a bit of a slump yesterday. I wore some black cotton pants which had an elastic waistband (which, if I wore them to my Doggie Bag shift, I'd usually combine with a white top, a black necklace and bracelet, hose, and black shoes), a standard baggy navy graphic t-shirt, and my blue flip-flops. That may have contributed to said slump. One of the things I was missing about being in my own hometown was getting to dress up for stuff, such as my job search, Doggie Bag (for which dressing up is not technically required of me, but there's nothing in the rules forbidding it either), and church on Sunday. My sister's household does not go to church nor does anybody in said household have any cause to dress up for anything that happens in the home or outside of it, and since I was expected to be at the home full-time (or at least when my nephew was there), why would I have any more cause to dress up? But I digress.

Today, in order to help me out of said slump, I dressed a little differently. After my shower, I put on my khaki capris, a solid green 3/4-sleeved top, my black satin slippers, and a gold chain. To finish, I did my hair in a braid in place of my usual ponytail and put on some eyeshadow and lipstick (something I didn't do much of this summer). I think it helped me out of my slump a little. I did some vacuuming, but wasn't able to get to all of it as my sister came home and decided she needed to lay down. Shortly thereafter, her boyfriend and my nephew came home, which meant that my attention would need to be on my nephew.

As far as I know, I will be at my sister's until the first or second week of August. I hope I don't get too homesick until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment