Thursday, July 1, 2010

Doesn't Look Like That Proof Copy Is Going To Happen

I heard back from Createspace last night. It turned out that I had made a formatting mistake. I have corrected it, but it's still in the process of being reviewed. I'm lucky if I'll still be able to use my code for the proof copy. Yesterday was the alleged deadline to use the code, but I heard that last year, some people were able to use their codes a day or two after the deadline. There's no promise that it'll happen this time.

If I can't get a proof copy this time, it's probably just as well. After all, I'm not really ready to formally publish the novel. Maybe I'll be able to do actual copies of the book closer to October when I'll hopefully have more editing done.

I'm not really looking forward to breaking the news to my dad. I'm hoping I won't have to endure any questions or lecturing regarding the whole thing (like I have with other things in my life), but that is a possibility. I'll probably owe him an apology for any disappointment it may cause.

Maybe someday I'll learn to do things like this right the very first time and/or make time allowances for if there are any problems.

The next Nano Wrimo is four months away. It'll be the second one. Hopefully I will reach the 50k on that one as well and be able to do a proof copy on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment