Sunday, July 4, 2010

If You're From The U.S. Happy Fourth Of July

It's that time of year again, a day often celebrated with fireworks and who knows what else.

I don't know what will be going on where I'm at. My sister has to work until eight tonight. We will probably at most just shoot off fireworks at home. I remember two years ago when we were going to see a fireworks display somewhere, but my nephew wasn't feeling good at the last minute, so we ended up staying home. Last year, I was living with my dad. He and I were considering going to see fireworks somewhere, but that ended up not happening. I think part of the reason was the weather at the time.

The thing I really don't like about the Fourth is that it's the anniversary of when I got fired from my last paid job. I was working at the Burger King that was in town at the time and had been there for three weeks. I wasn't very far into my shift when I got called into the office and was informed by the assistant manager that I was being let go because my speed wasn't up to standards. That was four years ago.  The only time I went in there after my termination was to turn in my uniform and pick up my check. Due to my sense of shame of having let them down, I pretty much stayed as far away from them as possible.

I'm worried that my performance failure with Burger King, as well as my spotty employment work record (at least part of which was beyond my control) will work against me ever having a job again. Due to the nature of my failure with Burger King, I cannot trust myself at all to do justice to a job within the food service industry unless said job is that of bussing tables. However, something like retail is still fair game.

Okay, that's enough ranting for today. Again, if you're in the U.S. or even if you're a U.S. citizen who is currently located elsewhere in the world, happy Fourth of July.

No comments:

Post a Comment