Thursday, July 22, 2010

Getting Anxious To Go Home

I've got about 2-3 weeks before time for me to return to my hometown and to my job search, not to mention my volunteer work at Doggie Bag.

I checked my account on Salliemae regarding my student loans. My deferment expires in 3 days, and since I don't have a job (and am in no position to look for one as I am at my sister's in order to be available to babysit), I'll need to do yet another deferment (which will hopefully be my last one). I supposedly will need to provide documentation about my attempts to seek employment. However, I won't be in a position to provide said documentation until I go home, and the date for that has yet to be determined.

As a job seeker, I have gotten to the point where I don't feel right about leaving my hometown, at least not for an extensive amount of time as it's time I can't spend looking for a job or otherwise establishing income as I have someone else's schedule to adhere to. The only reason I can justify being anywhere but my hometown this summer is that I had a family member that needed my help, and this is what I would classify as more of a "working" trip rather than a "vacation" trip. However, last time I checked, doing a service that is limited to someone in the family cannot go on a resume, and it's vital that I be able to do as much justice as possible to my resume during this part of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment