Saturday, January 1, 2011

Doggie Bag Days Season 2: Day 64

I don't normally work on Saturdays anymore, but there was nobody else that was able to come in to run the register. I was there from noon to four today. Someone else came in, but they're not authorized to run the register, so they were in and out of the back room. The manager was in long enough to unlock the store, but she couldn't stay for very long because she had another commitment. (The only other time I have ever worked on New Year's Day was when I held a part-time job at a retail store in a mall in Santa Fe.)

As it turns out, our Christmas stuff is 1/2 off, our clothes are buy one get one free, and our purses have been marked down to fifty cents. I managed to sell some clothes and two purses but no Christmas stuff.

The colleauge that was in today was also the person that had bought a dining room table that we had up for sale. She took that home today, but she had take it home and then come back. Closer to the end of the day, she bought two tablecloths.

The manager returned shortly before time to close the store. After we had closed up, she offered me a ride home, which I accepted.

There you have it, my first day at the Doggie Bag of the New Year. I hope your New Year's has been a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment